This is a quickly drafted comprehend document for those who wish to do their higher studies abroad specially in United Kingdom.
Decision Making is a hard step especially when it comes to such bigger ventures. First of all make sure you are ready for this and then decide your area of interest. Once you decided the course, look at the rankings and other information available online to decide a few colleges where you need to apply. The information given below might be useful at this stage.
- Use the Internet, Google about the courses and universities, Wikipedia has a list of universities Now decide which all universities you wish to apply (look at their fee structure and match with your budget, look for the ranking of the university)
- Make sure the university you chose is good for your area of studies (some universities are best in some areas, like my university is good for marine based courses and computing)
- Most of the universities have international offices to help students from other countries, they are very helpful, so contact them regarding anything related to the course or university
- Look at the department site, most of the universities have their faculty listed there; ensure that they have good reputation and standards.
- Find out alumnus and current students from active online communities and get their opinion about the college or university.
How to apply for a course.
There are several way to apply for a course, Apply directly to the University or College, Apply through a consultancy, or Apply through UCAS. The advantage of applying through a consultancy is they are experts in their area and the process will be easy for us. To apply directly, you need to visit the university portal and see the instruction on how to apply. You can also contact the university international office; they will help you out with the application. UCAS is an online site allows us to find a course and apply through the site to different universities. The UCAS website is very friendly and self explanatory.
- Check if your university has any relations or agreements with the university you have chosen, if so talk to some of our officials
- There are also some reliable consultants. Most of these consultants have direct relationships with the Universities or colleges.
What all documents needed to apply for a UK university?
- Most of the UK universities require all your documents scanned and send to them in order to provide you a conditional or unconditional offer letter
- You need your certificates (Secondary School Leaving Certificate (Matriculation/Equivalent), Higher Secondary/ Equivalent Certificate, Degree Certificates, etc)
- Letter of reference (get plenty of copies (15-20 copies) from minimum two of your professors.
- IELTS most of the universities in UK requires IELTS, but some of them provide exceptions if you have equivalent academic scores, contact the universities international office regarding this.